2NDURO 2021 FAQ
If you can’t find an answer to your question, contact us on Facebook or Instagram.
Q. How much does 2NDURO cost?
- 2NDURO costs €70 per team of 2 (€35 per person). Each team must complete only 1 registration form. No entries from single persons will be accepted.
Q. Who is 2NDURO aimed at?
- 2NDURO is aimed at riders with good skill and fitness levels. With a 20km loop including 800m of climbing & descending and six stages (three new stages for 2021 repeated twice) totalling over 7km of racing, this is not a race for beginners.
Q. How long will 2NDURO take my team mate and I?
- Overall, the 2NDURO course should take riders with decent fitness levels between 3-4 hours. 2NDURO is a 20km loop taking in just over 800m of climbing and 800m of descending across four stages. In order to enjoy all this descending, you must ascend! The loop is more compact than recent years allowing you to have more stages for the same overall distance.
Q. How do I register for the event?
- On-line Registration for the event will open on Sunday July 25th on SI Entries at 8pm. You cannot register on the day and we expect the event to book out quickly!
- On the event day, 15th August, all competitions will get a specific time to be at Registration Desk between 10 – 11.20am to ensure queues are kept to a minimum in compliance with Covid 19 guidance for distancing. Please do not arrive more that 5 mins before this time
- The Ballinboola Car Park will be open from 8am
- All timing chips must be handed in before 3pm.
Q. How does timing work?
- Each team member will have a timing chip. Your time per stage is Rider A’s start to Rider B’s finish time for each of the 6 stages.
Q. Are there prize giving for the event?
- In compliance with C19 guidelines there won’t be unfortunately
Q. Is there any safety guidance for the event (in addition to having basic safety equipment)?
- Yes, you must wear a full face helmet. You must carry a first aid kit and mobile phone at all times. There will be a check at registration to ensure riders comply.
- If your teammate is injured on the stage, you are responsible for their welfare. Make sure they are stable and off the track. Contact the closest marshal or safety officer (+35386 735 4947) if you need help.
- Marshals will be positioned at stage start, end and at key intersections on the stages.
- There will be an ambulance and a mobile first aid responder available to support.
Q. Where to stay for 2NDURO?
- Why not stay with our partners, Deebert House Hotel in nearby Kimallock. Take a look at their website for rates: http://www.deeberthousehotel.com/.
- Ballyhoura Hostel is another option for those travelling long distances. http://www.ballyhourahostel.ie/?fbclid=IwAR110Hrg0KxfP1PlZ6djqJuF25EMMlRmoeOlXkscd6SwrOW__qSZbkatrf8
Q. What categories are there?
- There are 3 categories for 2NDURO – Men, Women, Mixed.
Q. Is there an E bike category? No Ebike category
Q. What is the minimum age for 2NDURO?
- The minimum age for 2NDURO is 14. Under 16 must ride with an adult (18+) at all times. All riders under the age of 18 MUST have a guardian consent form signed by both the competitor and the guardian. There is a link to the guardian consent form on the registration page.
Q. What about parking on the day?
There will be plenty of parking in the Ballinaboola car park on the day. We will have parking attendants assisting you park. Unless you want to add another hour of biking on to your day, please do not park at the Ballyhoura Trail Centre.
Q. What are the stages like?
- The stages are brand new and have been especially designed for this event and are to Gravity Enduro / Grassroots Enduro level. They are technical in nature and will require an ability to ride natural trails. There is some Coillte single track but most is natural trails. All features are rollable.
- Keep an eye on our social media pages for videos and photos!
Q. Do you need a Cycling Ireland Licence to race 2NDURO?
- Yes. If you don’t have one you can purchase a one day licence when you register on line. You won’t be able to purchase on the day/
Q. What is included in the entry fee?
- One day of blind Enduro racing, 6 timed stages and a great day out with your buddy!
Q. Is a full-face helmet needed to race?
- Yes. A full face helmet will be required throughout the race. Failure to wear a full face helmet at all times will result in disqualification.
Q. Where is Ballinaboola?
- Ballinaboola is located in the Ballyhoura mountain range in Co. Limerick, home to some of the finest trails around!
- Click for Google Maps location
Q. What’s new for 2021?
- The Team Ballyhoura MTB Trail Team have been busy and created 3 brand new stages within close proximity to the Ballinaboola Car park that you’ll repeat twice. You time for all stages count towards your finish time
Q. Is the event compliant with Covid 19 guidelines?
Yes. This is a priority for the club. The max entry will be sub 200 riders. Registration is completed on line to minimise handling. Timing chips will be individually wrapped and cleaned for each competitor. We ask all competitors to respect distancing and follow the general guidance for C19. Competitors will need to bring their own water and snacks.
Q. Is a refund possible if I can’t make the race?
No we won’t be offering refunds. Except if there’s a covid specific case.